LittleWing LittleWing

I still come back to watch this

This account has been so inactive on newgrounds for so long, but I had to sign in to leave this review. Like Littleluckylink below me I've watched this so many times over the past years and never left a review. Truly a very relaxing and welcome trip into another persons art and life. It really shows that you put yourself in this animation and I love that. I still find myself always searching this up just to watch it again. I hope you keep up with your work Snubby, It's great fun to watch.

Snubby responds:

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you liked it.

The Last Man on Earth The Last Man on Earth

I don't quite understand the point...

The animation and voice acting are good, but I just don't think many people would ever wish to be the last man on earth. Surely people get fed up with their family and wish to be away from them, but that's a different story. I guess what I'm saying is I'm not sure who this is targeted at. Maybe more people than I think, hence the high rating, but it just didn't do it for me. Keep animating though, I dig the art style!

Nicolas Cage Wants Cake Nicolas Cage Wants Cake

The Vampire's Kiss still-frame stole the show.

I've been waiting far too long for an animator of your skill and hilarity to appreciate Nicolas Cage as much as I do. Thank you for making my day.

Explosive joking Explosive joking

Great style, poor punch-line

You had some very nice fbf work there and you also did a very good job of exaggerating the actions of the characters making it seem a lot more like a classic looney toons animation, so I give you credit for that. I kind of get the feeling though that you mainly just wanted to do an animation with this style but didn't initially have a story. So instead of thinking out a story to match the style you sort of whipped up this basic slap-sticky idea and started animating, this is where the animation suffers. Although unlike some other reviewers I believe you deserve a good score based on the art style itself. So although it was well executed the story-line was still extremely lacking. Next time plan out the concept a bit more and let the idea inspire the style. Still great stuff and keep at it, I really loved the animation!
-Z

SimonG responds:

Yeah. I just felt like it was more fun to do, when you really have no plot lol.
But I really see that plot isn't my thing.
But I'll get better!
Thanks for the review :)

Pacman 3 Pacman 3

Great concept and animation but awful pacing

The animation in this was superb, and your caricatures of Pac-Man and the ghosts were well done and overall very interesting to watch. The thing that killed this movie was the pacing. You have very little to no music, which would be fine as long as something interesting was going on the screen, but there were times where frames just stayed on for too long and it made it feel as though you were just adding to its overall run time. The thing that actually butchered it was that every edit was a fade! This was an all out absurd choice and it leaves me wondering why you did it. If you had removed the fades the animation would have a nice overall flow and it would be a joy to watch, but because you didn't it feels dragged out and boring. The fades alone probably add an extra minute of just a black screen. It's fine to use fades every now and then to get an interesting effect or just to let the viewer know the tempo is slowing down. But when it's every edit it brings the entire pace of the animation to an astoundingly slow rate! I loved what you had and could see the quality in your work, which makes me want to give this somewhere from an 8-10, but with all the fades I honestly want to give it a 2-4. It was so bothersome to see an otherwise perfect piece broken because of editing choices. Other then that bravo, and keep on animating. If you like your choice don't let my review change your mind. Good Job

RE: Your brains RE: Your brains

Great song, but sloppy execution

I loved the song you chose, it was definitely very catchy and funny. Unfortunately your actual animation left a lot to be desired. I saw a lot of corners were cut, you used tweens when really they shouldn't have been used and it took away from the animation. You didn't redraw limbs so when you tweened them the other end of the appendage would stick out from the body or just move awkwardly making nothing about their movement organic or natural in any way. Another HUGE corner that was cut is that you just reused that same part for the chorus three times in the animation. Now this is more understandable because the song is long but really it gets boring for the viewer. This choice is definitely more forgivable because this saved you hours upon hours of extra work coming up with new animation ideas for the other choruses. Leaving many details and crude tweens unaltered though is less forgivable which is why I give you a lower score, really shape tweens should be left alone most of the time, especially for gore effects. One last thing that maybe shouldn't bother me but REALLY does is that your character who is the survivor has a name tag that says Bob. Yet the narrator, or singer, is singing from the perspective of Bob. Bob is the Zombie and Tom is the survivor. I realize this shouldn't be much of an issue but if you take the time to animate an entire song, attention to a detail as big as that should be payed attention to. Overall nice work though, and just don't get lazy or sloppy by the end. I mean really it takes five minutes to throw on a replay button which greatly increases it's overall presentation, rather then having an anti-climatic finish greeted with no credits or information on the artist and just a blank screen.
Good Work, take what I said into consideration, and I still enjoyed the animation greatly!
-Zeph R

mrslovett responds:

i know i kept thinking the names were th opposit way round for some reason didnt realise till i finished and was like ohhh sugar! but i didnt think anyone would really notice, but clearly you have a keen eye ;D
yes i did forget a replay button and i agree did look sloppy
and the whole thing with tweening how else do people make everything move is there a secret im unaware of or do you just draw it differently in different frames?
because i really want to get away from that sloppyness too!!
im sure theres an easier way so if you do know a way feel free to pm me thanks!
but i take your review into great consideration and i highly appreciate it! :)

TANKMEN: Tankbusters TANKMEN: Tankbusters

Very funny and well done

Im sorry to hear about your audio problems, but I still thought it turned out great. Naturally the time crunch affected the end product (which I completely understand) but I would've liked to have seen some smoother animation, and the smoke effects looked just a tad cheesy. That is of course your choice though and not mine I'm just merely saying why I chose not to give it a ten. I would also like to officially apologize about that persons comment below mine. As a Canadian I pride myself on being able to laugh at my country from time to time =P , I feel responsible for his idiotic actions ; ) . Anyways great job, and good luck in the future.

Jackie Jackie

Great, but the ending was a cop out.

I love Jerry, I really think it's a fantastic animation. However, even though the ending where he's in hell lightens the mood, clearly Jerry was somewhat tragic and certainly emotionally involving.

Now you give the audience another side of the story. We meet Jackie, the girl who tormented Jerry throughout his story. You show her difficulties and make the viewer care for her as well, thus allowing us to see that she is not simply an antagonist, she has struggles like anyone. Then the ending comes along, which just felt like a throwaway to me. She goes and does something so detestable that the viewer instantly feels a certain dislike for her, making the earlier stuff where you feel for her redundant. It was like saying "Fuck the rest of the animation, this ending will be surprising!" And it was surprising, but it shouldn't be at the cost of the entire build up.

All that said, still great work, animation and everything were top notch. I love how everything tied together. Can't wait to see more from you!

Tomm-E Tomm-E

Very well done

Very good job of parodying the movie, and a great tribute to newgrounds. Only reason you didn't get a ten was for the lack of a background which was previously stated in another review. Maybe if you had the trademark newgrounds skyline in there somewhere? Oh well, brilliant flash anyways.

Cartoon Ghosts Cartoon Ghosts

I would certainly be scared of a floating dildo...

Haha, oh well. Great flash!